Thursday, May 14, 2009

An Update

Yesterday Travis informed me that I have been slacking in the blog area and that I haven't posted anything since Easter. So even though nothing exciting has been going on, I thought I would give you an update on what we have been doing.

Arts and Crafts:
I thought it would be a great idea to paint a chair for our friends baby, Alayna, who is turning one. It sounded really easy and kinda fun when I began however I forgot that I'm really not an arts and crafts kinda person and a project that would take most just a few hours took me a couple of days. It didn't turn out amazing and definitely had some flaws but Alayna liked it, so I guess that's all that matters!


Backyard Makeover:
Since we moved into our house we have been wanting to re-do the backyard. We have big plans of a new patio, a nice flower garden and a new tuff-shed. When we began the project I don't think I realized how much work it was going to be. Trav and I put in a new retaining wall for the flower garden and I am going to plant my flowers this weekend but the worst part so far has been tearing up the existing patio...wow, that's a lot of work. Here is a picture of stage one of the makeover. I'll post more as we go along, but this will give you an idea of how we have been spending our evenings! Wish us luck.


Golf:
Yea, there has been none of this, because we have been spending all our time in the backyard, but hopefully we will have everything finished soon so Trav can get some time in on the golf course! Hopefully something really exciting happens, like we win a million dollars, so I can have something fun to post. But until then, I guess I'll just keep giving you an update on our backyard, as fun as that is!

3 comments:

Tonia said...

Holy smokes! That is a LOT of work! Its going to be amazing when done, but wow!

Oh, and I LOVE the chair, you say its flawed, I say its adorable!

Sarah Carroll said...

Okay, the chair is great! I don't think many people who "don't do crafts" could pull of such a cute chair. And if Alayna could talk, I'm sure she'd tell you how much she loves it. How lucky is she to have a hand painted chair, with her name on it! Oh ya, did I say I love it too. :)

Steve&Melissa said...

I really like Alayna's chair, but it really doesn't compare to my bejeweled toilet seat. Seriously...did you think about pulling out the Bedazzler? In my own humble design opinion, that really would have pushed the chair from "great" to "AMAZING"!